Local users are accounts that exist solely in HelloID, as opposed to a user account that has been synchronized from an outside source like Active Directory or G Suite. This guide will show you how to create a local user account inside of your HelloID instance.
Create a local user
- Log in to the HelloID Administrator Dashboard and navigate to Directory > Users.
- Click the Create User button in the top right corner.
- Enter the user's information on the General tab.
- Username: Enter a username for the user to login.
- First Name: Enter the First name of the user (Optional).
- Last Name: Enter the Last name of the user (Optional).
- Change icon: Upload an image (Optional).
- Email: This email address is used for sending notifications.
- Phone number: The phone number which can be used for two factor authentication.
- Password: Enter a password for the user to login.
- Enabled: Check this box to enable the account.
- Change password at next logon: Check this box to ensure the user needs to change its password at first logon (Optional).
- Manger: Select a manager for the user (Optional).
- QR code: Enter, generate or scan a QR Code. The user can use this QR code to login (Optional).
- After the user has been created, you can manage the groups for the users. Every new user will be added to the group(s) marked as Default. Navigate to the Groups tab and click the Add Groups button to add additional groups.
- You also can manage the credential sets by clicking the Credential Sets tab.
- When you are finished, click the Save button to commit your changes to the new local user account.
Next: Groups - Overview >>