This article will walk you through adding a single sign-on application to your HelloID environment.
Add an application from the catalog
See Application Guides for instructions tailored to popular applications.
- Navigate to Applications > Applications on the HelloID administrator dashboard. Click the Open application catalog button.
- In the catalog, search for or find the application you wish to add and then click the Add button next to it to start the Add Application wizard.
The Add Application wizard has five tabs: General, Single Sign On, Credential, Self Service, and Finish.
On the General tab, you are presented with several fields. Fill them out and click the Next button.
- Display Name: Name of the application displayed on the dashboard.
- Default Login URL: The URL of the page where the credentials are entered.
- Description: Provide a description of the application. (Optional)
- Change Icon: Upload an icon for the application that will be shown on the dashboard. (Optional)
- Enabled: Enable or disable the application. Disabled applications are not visible on the HelloID User Dashboard.
Single Sign On
On the Single Sign On tab, you may find additional options like a Customer or a Press Button (to have HelloID automatically press the login button). Not all applications have these options. If your application has them, configure them as necessary and click the Next button.
On the Credential tab, the default setting is that users must enter their own credentials. There is also an option for you to configure to credentials on the user's behalf. With this setting existing user information or other application credentials can be used. Learn more about configuring credentials here. Configure these options as necessary and click the Next button.
On the Self Service tab, you can create a self service product for the application. To do so, enable Generate self service product and select an existing group or choose the default Generate Group option. When finished, click the Next button. For more information, see Groups Overview and Self Service Introduction.
On the last tab, click the Save button to add the application.
The application has now been added and is visible in Applications > Applications.
The application will also be visible (if enabled) to all authorized users on the HelloID end user dashboard. Authorized users are users who are members of the groups associated with the application.
Add an application not in the catalog
There are two options for adding an application that is not already available in the Application Catalog:
- By generic template
- By requesting Tools4ever to add the application to the catalog
To access generic templates, click Generic in the list of categories displayed in the Application Catalog. Select the template with the proper SSO protocol for the application. See Add a generic OpenID Connect application or Add a generic SAML application.
Alternatively, contact HelloID support to have your application added to the application catalog.