Single Sign-On is one of the core features of HelloID. In order for your organization's users to access their applications from the HelloID User Dashboard, those applications must first be added to your environment.
Navigate to Applications > Applications on the HelloID Administrator Dashboard to get started.
Add an Application from the Catalog
- On the Applications Overview, click the Open application catalog button.
- In the catalog, search for or find the application you wish to add and then click the Add button next to it to start the application wizard.
- On the General tab, you are presented with several fields. Fill them out and click Next.
- Display Name: Name of the application displayed on the dashboard.
- Default Login URL: The URL of the page where the credentials are entered.
- Description: Provide a description of the application. (Optional)
- Change Icon: Upload an icon for the application that will be shown on the dashboard. (Optional)
- Enabled: Enable or disable the application. Disabled applications are not visible on the HelloID User Dashboard.
- Some applications have additional options like a Customer or a Press Button (to have HelloID automatically press the login button). These can be found on the Single Sign On tab. Configure these as necessary and click Next.
- On the Credential tab, the default setting is that users must enter their own credentials. There is also an option for you to configure to credentials on the user's behalf. With this setting existing user information or other application credentials can be used. Learn more about configuring credentials here. Configure these options as necessary and click Next.
- On the Self Service tab, you can create a self service product for the application. To do so, enable Generate self service product and select an existing group or choose the default Generate Group option. When finished, click Next. For more information, see Groups Overview and Self Service Introduction.
- On the last tab, click Save to add the application.
- The application has now be added and is visible in the Application overview.
- The application will also be visible (only if enabled) on the HelloID User Dashboard for all authorized users.
Add an Application not in HelloID
There are two options for adding an application that is not already available in the Application Catalog: by generic template or by requesting the application.
To access generic templates, click Generic in the list of categories displayed in the Application Catalog. Select the template with the proper SSO protocol for the application.