Go through the steps to Configure HelloID as an IDP for G Suite first.
Add the HelloID app to Chromebooks using App Management
- Login to the G Suite Admin Console and go to Device management.
- Select Chrome management.
- Select App Management.
- Search for "HelloID".
- Click on the App name.
- Select the User settings.
- Enable Force installation and Add to Chrome Web Store collection and click Save.
- For the public session settings enable Force installation and click Save.
Enable IdP Redirection
- In the Google Admin console, navigate to Device management > Chrome Management
- Select User & browser settings
- Search for "Single Sign-On" or browse to the Security section
- Next to Single Sign-On, choose Enable SAML-based Single Sign-On for Chrome Devices from the drop-down menu and then click Save.
- Navigate to Device management > Chrome management > Device Settings
- Search for "Single Sign-On" or browse to the Sign-in Settings section.
- Next to Single Sign-On IdP Redirection, choose Allow users to go directly to the SAML SSO IdP page from the drop-down menu and then click Save.
Test the configuration
- Start a Chromebook and login.
- The HelloID login screen will appear. In this example Active Directory is being displayed. Here you can login with your AD account credentials.
- Once you are logged in, the Application Dashboard of HelloID will be displayed.