HelloID Administrators may create any number of tasks within HelloID. These tasks may then be run on a schedule to perform routine operations at regular intervals. Navigate to Automation > Tasks on the HelloID Administrator Dashboard to get started.
Create a Task
- Click the Create Task button. This will open the Task Catalog.
- Find or search for the task that you wish to create. In this example, we'll add the Synchronize Active Directory task.
- The following screen gives you several tabs to go through and configure.
- Name: Provide a suitable name for this synchronization task. In this example, we will name it "Active Directory Synchronization Task".
- Agent Pool: Choose which of your agent pools will be responsible for running this task. Note that agents in the pool must have access to the resources that the task is targeting.
The content of this tab will differ depending on which task was chosen from the catalog. In our example of an Active Directory synchronization, we are prompted for the directory configuration that will be used during execution. Learn more about directory configurations here.
- Enabled: Whether or not this job is enabled to run on its normal schedule or be assigned to events or Self Service products.
- Enable Script Timeout: Terminate the script if it runs for more than the configured number of minutes.
- Send Mail When Succeeded: Send an email to the specified address on job success.
- Send Mail When Failed: Send an email to the specified address on job failure.
- Send Mail For Critical Events: Send an email to the specified address when a critical event occurs in the task.
Add any number of schedules for this task to run automatically. Learn more about managing task schedules here.
- Click Save when you are finished.
- The newly-created task is now available in the task list. You may run it manually by clicking on its play button next to its current status in the State column.
Manage a Task
Once a task has been created, any of its details may be modified by clicking on its Edit link in the Actions column.
If a task is no longer necessary, it may be deleted by clicking on its Delete link in the Actions column. You will be prompted to confirm your action, and then the task and its associated schedules will be removed from the system.