Before you can download and install agents, you need to have at least one Agent Pool. Read How to Create and Manage Agent Pools if you have not already done so.
Each Agent Pool needs at least one HelloID Agent in it to be functional. This article will show you how to install and manage HelloID Agents in your environment.
The HelloID Agent can run on any machine in your domain that has HTTPS access to HelloID. We recommend, however, that it be run on a member server that is not a domain controller.
How to Install Agents
- To begin installing a new HelloID Agent, navigate to Agents in the Administrator Dashboard. Find your desired Agent Pool and click the Install agent button.
- In the installation wizard, click the Download agent client button to download the agent executable to your machine.
- Copy the installation file to the machine on which it will be installed, and click the Continue button.
- The next step in the installation wizard will appear, showing a Ticket URL. Copy it to your clipboard, as you will use it later in the installation.
- Note: The installation wizard dialog MUST remain open at this point so that the installer can make contact with HelloID and perform a handshake with the given Ticket URL.
- Run the HelloID Agent installer on the target machine.
- On the welcome message, click Next.
- On the next screen, You may select a different installation folder or accept the default. Click Next.
- On the Credentials screen, you may choose to run the HelloID Agent with the Local System privileges, or you may provide a domain user account. If you want to use advanced features of HelloID such as Data Share, then a domain account is recommended. Click Next.
- The next screen will allow you to opt-out of automatically updating the HelloID Agent. We recommend that you keep this option enabled. Click Next.
- The next screen will prompt you for the Ticket URL that was shown in the installation wizard. Paste that value here and click Next.
- Click Install to begin installation.
- Click Finish when the installation has completed.
- The installation wizard in your browser should update to show that a successful connection with the HelloID Agent has been established.
- Click Continue to review the installation summary, and then click Complete to close the wizard.
How to Shut Down Agents
Click the Shutdown button to stop an agent.
This will disable the HelloID Directory Agent service on the target Windows machine. You can re-establish connection to HelloID by setting the service's startup type to Automatic and starting the service on the target machine.
How to Delete Agents
Click the Delete button to delete an agent and sever the connection between HelloID and that agent. This will cause the HelloID Directory Agent service to uninstall itself from the target machine.
Next: How to Update Agents >>