Each Agent Pool needs at least one HelloID Agent in it to be functional. This article will show you how to install and manage HelloID Agents in your environment.
To get started, go to Agents.
Install an Agent
- Select the Install agent button inside the desired Agent Pool.
- In the installation wizard, select the Download Agent client button to download the executable to your machine.
- Copy the installation file to the machine on which it will be installed, and select the Continue button.
- The next step in the installation wizard will appear, showing a Ticket URL. Copy it to your clipboard, as you will use it later in the installation.
- Note: The installation wizard dialog MUST remain open at this point so that the installer can make contact with HelloID and perform a handshake with the given Ticket URL.
- Run the HelloID Agent installer on the target machine.
- On the welcome message, select Next.
- On the next screen, you may select a different installation folder or accept the default. Then select Next.
- On the Credentials screen, choose the account which will run the HelloID Agent services. We recommend using a Local Administrator account to ensure that all files can be installed and that auto-updates will successfully run. Select Next.
- The next screen will prompt you for the Ticket URL that was shown in the installation wizard. Paste that value here and select Next.
- Select the Install button to begin installation.
- Select the Finish button when the installation has completed.
- The installation wizard in your browser should update to show that a successful connection with the HelloID Agent has been established.
- Select the Continue button to review the installation summary, and then select the Complete button to close the wizard.
Shut down an Agent
Select the Shutdown button to stop an Agent.
Note that this disables only the Directory Agent service on the target Windows machine. The Provisioning Agent service and the Service Automation Agent service cannot be disabled from the HelloID admin dashboard. To disable them, you must stop their services directly on the target machine.
Restart an Agent
To restart any stopped Agent service, set the service's startup type to Automatic on the target machine and start the service. It will automatically re-establish a connection with your HelloID portal.
If your HelloID portal is disabled for any reason (e.g., it expires), the Agent services are automatically stopped. You will need to manually restart them after your portal is re-enabled.
Delete an Agent
Select the Delete button to delete an Agent and terminate the connection between HelloID and that Agent. This will cause the HelloID Directory Agent service to uninstall itself from the target machine.