There are two types of groups in HelloID: groups that are synchronized from the Active Directory (AD) and local groups created within HelloID. Navigate to Directory > Groups to see an overview of the groups that exist within your organization's HelloID environment.
How to Create a Local Group
1. Click the Create Group button in the top right corner.
2. Fill out the following fields:
- Name: The name for the new group. For this example, the group will be named "Marketing."
- Enabled: Toggle to enable or disable the group.
- Default: Toggle to configure this group as a default group for new users. If enabled, any new user will receive this group upon creation.
- Enable QR-Codes: Toggle to let users within this group log on via QR-code scanning. Click Export to export the QR-codes from this group.
- Manager: Type or select the appropriate position or person from the dropdown list. For this example, the Administrator is selected.
3. Click the Save button in the top right corner to confirm the new group. Learn more about adding users, applications and products to a group here.
Next: How to Manage Groups >>