There are two types of groups in HelloID: groups that are synchronized from the Active Directory (AD) and local groups created within HelloID. Navigate to Directory > Groups to see an overview of the groups that exist within your organization's HelloID environment.
How to Create a Local Group
1. Click Create Group in the top right corner.
2. Enter a name for the new group. For this example, the group will be named "Marketing"
3. Click the Enabled toggle to enable or disable a group.
4. Click the Default toggle in order to configure this group as a default group for new users. If enabled, any new user will receive this group upon creation.
5. Click the Enable QR-Codes in order to make it possible for users within this group to log on via QR-code scanning. Click Export to export the QR-codes from this group.
5. Type or select the appropriate position or person from the Manager dropdown list. For this example, the Administrator is selected.
6. Click Save in the top right corner to confirm the new group. Learn more about adding users, applications and products to a group here.