Navigate to Directory > Groups to see an overview of all the groups within your organization's HelloID environment. To search for a group, use the search bar or scroll bar. The "Marketing" group has been selected for this example.
How to Manage Groups
1. All of the group management actions are listed under the Actions column. Clicking one of the following links will navigate to the respective management window:
- Self service categories
- Application categories
2. Clicking Edit will display an overview of the group.
3. In the Edit window, an admin can change the following:
- Group Name
- Enabled (toggle)
- Default (toggle)
- Enable QR-codes (toggle) or Export
- Manager (type, dropdown list, or unassign)
The Source cannot be changed and is set according to whether the group is local within HelloID or synchronized from the Active Directory (AD). Learn more about these settings here.
4. Navigate to other management windows by using the action links at the bottom of the Edit window. These links navigate to the same management windows as those on the group overview page under the Actions column. For this example, click Users to navigate to the user management window.
5. For this example, there are currently no users in the "Marketing" group. Click Add Users to add new users to this group.
6. There are two options for adding new users to a group: Add Selection or Add All Users. Add Selection will add only those users who have been selected from the list. Add All Users will add all users to the group.
7. There are two options for removing users from a group: Remove Selection or Remove All Users. Remove Selection will remove only those users who have been selected from the list. Remove All Users will remove all users from the group. Click Back to return to the Edit window for the managed group.
8. Managing Applications, Groups, Products, Self service categories, Application categories, or Reports follows the same process as adding a user. The Applications management process provides an example of the similar processes.
9. Click Applications to proceed with this example.
10. Opening the Applications window displays a similar table. Clicking any of the same three options: Add Applications, Remove All Applications or Remove Selection to perform the same action as described for Users above. Click Add Applications to see the list of applications that may be made available to users in this group.
11. Again, there are two options for adding new applications to a group: Add Selection or Add All Applications. Add Selection will add only those applications that have been selected from the list. Add All Applications will add all applications to the group.
12. The added application is now displayed. Click Back to return to the Edit window for the managed group.
13. Click Save to confirm management changes.