The default token delivery method for password self service is email, but you can also enable SMS.
Note that the SMS provider for password self service is configured separately from SMS providers for two-factor authentication. The latter is set in Security > Authentication > SMS. The former is set in Security > Password > Self Service, as described below.
Your organization must have an external account with an SMS provider before using this feature. HelloID does not offer a built-in SMS provider.
Configure an SMS Provider for Password Self Service
- In Security > Password > Self Service, turn on the Send using text (SMS) toggle. This will display the SMS Provider drop down.
- Select your desired SMS provider from the SMS Provider drop down, and then select the Configure... link.
- Follow the instructions for configuring an SMS Provider for two-factor authentication. The steps are identical.
- Once you receive the test message, select the Save button to confirm.
- Select the next Save button. SMS will now be available for use in password self-service when a user clicks the "Forgot your password" link on the HelloID login screen.