Create categories to group Self Service products together for better organization and to provide specific collections of products to certain users and groups. At least one category must exist before you create any products.
Create a Category
- On the HelloID Admin Dashboard, navigate to Self Service > Categories.
- On the overview page, click the Create Category button.
- Provide a name for your new category. The name should describe the types of products that will be placed within this category, or the types of users that will be associated with this category. In this example, we'll call our new category Accounting.
- Optional: Provide multi-lingual support by clicking on the flag icon and providing a relevant translation for the selected language.
- Choose whether or not you want your category to be enabled. Enabled categories are visible to end users, while disabled categories are not.
- Click Save when you are finished to create your category. This will bring you to the Edit interface for your new category.
Manage a Category
Editing a category can happen immediately after creating a category, or by clicking the Edit link for a category on the categories overview page.
In this interface, you can change the category's name and enabled/disabled state, as well as add or remove groups from the category. Members of groups that have been added to the category will see this category on the Self Service Products page of the HelloID User Dashboard. Learn more about end user product requests here.
To manage groups, follow these steps:
- Click on the Groups tab in the category edit interface. This will display a list of all groups that are currently attached to this category. Learn more about groups here.
- On new categories, the default Users group is added. If you want to restrict the visibility of this category to only certain users and groups, you will need to remove the default Users group. To do so, select that group from the list and click Remove Selection.
- Click the Add Groups button to bring up the group selection dialog.
- Select one or more groups to add, and then click Add Selection. Alternatively, you can add all groups to this category by clicking Add All Groups. Click Close to cancel.
- When you are finished adding groups and making other modifications, click the Save button.