Synchronization between HelloID and other systems is governed by Attribute Mapping Sets. These mapping sets correlate data points, such as an email address, to fields within HelloID. Additionally, Mapping Sets are used when HelloID sends claims information (SAML, OpenID, etc.) to service providers. Learn more about this mapping at Mapping - Overview or How to create a new configuration.
The examples below will focus on mapping attributes between HelloID and Active Directory.
How to Change Attribute Mapping Sets
1. Navigate to Directory > Mapping Sets and click Edit.
2. Click Change attributes under the Actions column for "Active Directory User" to see, change, or add specific attributes for users.
3. The window that appears will display all of the existing mappings linking AD attributes to HelloID attributes. For example, the AD attribute "sn" is linked to the HelloID attribute "Last Name." Click Edit to modify these attributes.
4. Change the attributes as needed using the corresponding fields.
5. Click Add attribute to add a new attribute.
6. Fill out the fields for the new attribute and click Add attribute to confirm.
7. Click Change attributes under the Actions column for "Active Directory Group" to see, change, or add specific attributes for groups.
8. There are typically far fewer attributes for groups than for users.