Please read the related article How to Create an Application Category first.
After creating a new category, a user group and applications must be assigned to it. This article will outline the steps to manage the new or existing categories. Navigate to Applications > Categories to view and manage the created categories.
How to Manage Categories.
1. Navigate to Applications > Categories and click Edit or directly on the Category to open the editing page. Reporting is clicked for this example.
2. Two tabs will be displayed on the left below Category: Groups and Applications. Click Groups to be able to add a group to the category. Learn more about managing groups in the Groups - Overview article here.
3. Click Add Groups to select the groups you wish to add to the category.
4. A window will display all of the available groups. You may search for a group using the search bar or by scrolling through the list. There are three buttons at the bottom right: Add All Groups (adding all available groups to the category), Add Selection (adding only the selected groups to the category), and Close.
5. Select a group from the list and click Add Selection. "Users" groups were searched and selected for this example.
6. Returning to the Groups tab, both groups have now been added. In addition to Add Groups, there are buttons to Remove All Groups (removing all available groups from the category)and Remove Selection (removing only the selected groups from the category).
7. Click the Applications tab to add applications to the category.
8. There are three buttons at the bottom: Add Applications, Remove All Applications, and Remove Selection. Clicking Add Applications will display a list of all the applications in your organization's HelloID environment.
9. Use the search bar or scroll through the list to find the desired applications. For this example, HelloBI is the desired application. Click Add Selection to add the chosen application to the category.
Click Add All Applications to add all applications to the category or close to return without adding any applications.
10. Click Save to confirm the category management changes.
11. Navigate to the User Dashboard to view what the category looks like. For this example, the modified category was Reporting. Click on the category to view the added application(s).
12. The user can now see the application added to this category. Because "Read Only" has not been enabled for this category, end users may remove the category using "drag and drop."
13. Dragging and dropping a category will force HelloID's background to change to a dark grey and the available actions will be highlighted. In this example, Remove Category is the only available option. When the category hovers over this option, the option turns red.
Removing a category will only remove it for that user and show a confirmation notification.
14. "Drag and drop" can also be used to add applications to an existing category or to a user's "Favorites." When the application is hovering over a category, that category will turn green.