Please read the related article How to Create an Application Category first.
After creating a new category, a user group and applications must be assigned to it. This article will outline the steps to manage the new or existing categories.
How to Manage Categories
- Navigate to Applications > Categories. Click Edit to open the editing page. Reporting is clicked for this example.
- Two tabs will be displayed on the left below Category: Groups and Applications. To add a group to the category, click Groups, then click the Add Groups button. Learn more about managing groups in the Groups - Overview article here.
- A window will display all of the available groups. Select one or more and click the Add Selection button. The "Accounting2" group was searched and selected for this example.
- Returning to the Groups tab, the "Accounting2" group has now been added.
- Click the Applications tab, and then click the Add Applications button to display a list of all the applications in your organization's HelloID environment.
- Use the search bar or scroll through the list to find the desired applications. For this example, HelloBI is the desired application. Click the Add Selection button to add the chosen application to the category.
- Click the Save button to confirm the category management changes.
- Navigate to the User Dashboard to view the category. For this example, the modified category was Reporting. Click on the category to view the added application(s).
- The user can now see the application added to this category. Because "Read Only" has not been enabled for this category, end users may remove the category using "drag and drop."
- Dragging and dropping a category highlights the actions you can perform on it. In this example, Remove Category is the only available option. When the category hovers over this option, the option turns red.
Removing a category will only remove it for that user and show a confirmation notification.
Click the plus (+) icon to see more category actions. Then, click the blue plus (+) button to add a new category, or click the blue Restore button to restore a removed category.
"Drag and drop" can also be used to add applications to an existing category or to a user's "Favorites." When the application is hovering over a category, that category will turn green.