The Self Service Administration page shows all Self Service requests in your HelloID environment. Here, you can manually assign, approve, deny, and return product requests.
Go to Self Service > Administration to see all Self Service product requests and their states.
The following information is displayed for each product request:
The product's name. Select to edit the product. Learn more about managing products here.
The user who submitted the request. Select to edit the user.
- Request time
When the request was submitted.
The current state of the request. E.g., Approved, Returned, Requesting, Requested, Denied, etc.
Manage Existing Requests
Select one or more requests with the check boxes in the first column. Then select the Approve, Deny, or Return button.
Grants access to a requested product.
Refuses access to a requested product.
Revokes access to an approved product.
In the dialog box, select the arrow next to "Show selected requests that will be handled" to view how the individual product requests will be managed.
Confirm by selecting the Approve, Deny, or Return button.
If a product request can't be handled, the dialog box displays the reason. For example, if you try to return a product that has already been returned, you get the following message:
The table updates to reflect the request's new state. For this example, John Doe's request for Dropbox Business is now Approved.
View additional request details on the Request History page.
The user currently has access to the product.
The user voluntarily returned the product, or an administrator or product owner manually returned it. The user no longer has access to the product.
The request is temporarily processing in HelloID. This state will automatically change to Requested after processing has finished.
The request is waiting to be approved or denied by an administrator or product owner.
An administrator or product owner refused to grant the user access to the product.
Assign Products Manually
Assigning a product grants a user access to it immediately, skipping the request process.
- Before manually assigning your first product, you must give your administrator account the necessary permissions. Go to Security > Roles and select the Create Role button.
- Name the role Let Administrators Assign Products. Enter a description for it and select the Next button.
- On the Rights tab, turn on the Self Service User Management > User Overview toggle.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Groups link for the newly created Let Administrators Assign Products role.
- Select the Add Groups button.
- In the dialog box, find the Administrators group, select its checkbox, and then select the Add Selection button.
- Log out of the HelloID admin dashboard, and then log in again.
- You have now granted your account the necessary permissions. Return to Self Service > Administration and select the Assign button.
- Select a product from the Product drop-down list.
- Enter the users to whom you want to assign this product. You may select multiple users.
- Turn on the Trigger Email Actions toggle to enable emails according to the settings configured for the product actions.
- Turn on the Immediately Approve Product toggle to immediately approve the request, bypassing any approval workflows attached to the product. Learn more about approval workflows here.
- Select the Assign button to confirm the product assignment.
- The new request appears at the top of the table.
Enable Email Notifications for Product Owners
Turn on Send Default Emails in a product's approval workflow to let its owner approve requests via email notification.
When this setting is enabled, all users in the product's Resource Owner group receive an email when a user requests the product:
All email responses follow the workflow's normal rules, which are set in Self Service > Approval workflows > Approval. This is true whether responses are initiated via email notification, via the admin dashboard, or via the end user dashboard.