The Self Service Administration page gives HelloID Administrators an overview of all Self Service requests in their environment. Additionally, it allows HelloID Administrators to assign, approve, or deny product requests manually.
Navigate to Self Service > Administration to see an overview of all Self Service product requests and their state. Search for products or users with the search bar or by scrolling through the list. Filter the table results by clicking on the filter icon next to the search bar.
The following information is displayed for each product request:
The first column contains a checkbox, allowing for multiple product requests to be selected at once for approval, denial, or return.
The second column displays the product’s name and corresponding icon. Click on the product’s name to navigate to the product and edit it. Learn more about managing products here.
The third column displays the name and profile picture of the user who submitted the request.
- Request time (UTC)
This is the time at which the user submitted their request.
The current state of the request. E.g., Approved, Returned, Denied, etc.
Manage Existing Requests
As a HelloID Administrator, you can manage Self Service requests in bulk.
- Select one or more requests in the list by using checkboxes located in the first column.
- Click one of the green buttons located to the bottom-left of the table to execute the respective action. This will open a dialog box that will allow you to configure and confirm your action. In this example, we clicked Return.
- Click the arrow next to “Show selected requests that will be handled” to view how the individual product requests will be managed.
- You may also choose to enable or disable email notifications according to each product's configuration.
- If you are satisfied with the overview, click the green button to confirm your actions.
- The state of the request will update in the grid to reflect your actions. In this example, the two products that we chose to return on behalf of the user now have the state of Returned.
- If a product request cannot be handled, the action dialog will display the reason. For example, if we try to return a product that has already been returned, we get the following message:
Assign Products Manually
As a HelloID Administrator, you can manually assign products to end users.
- Click Assign in the top right to open a dialog box for assigning products to users.
- Select a product from the Product list. We'll use Dropbox Business in this example.
- Search for or type the names of the users to whom you want to assign this product. Multiple users can be selected at once.
- Enable the Trigger Email Actions toggle to enable emails according to the settings configured for the product actions.
- Enable the Immediately Approve Product toggle to immediately approve the product request. This bypasses any approval workflows attached to the product. Learn more about approval workflows here.
- Click Assign to confirm the product assignment.
- The new request will be placed at the top of the requests overview.