Events are deprecated, and no longer available in HelloID.
Event hooks and their associated tasks provide a powerful platform for your organization's identity infrastructure. With event hooks, you can launch any number of configurable tasks or custom scripts in response to the creation, update, or deletion of objects within HelloID.
In this simple example, we'll be creating an event hook that launches tasks when a person object is are created that has the job title of "Manager".
Navigate to Automation > Events in the HelloID Administrator Dashboard to get started.
Create an Event Hook
- In the Events Overview, select the trigger for which you'd like to create an event hook. In this example, we've selected the Person trigger.
- Click the Add button at the top of the Events section.
- In the dialog that appears, you are presented with several options.
Provide a descriptive name for this trigger. For this example, we'll call it "Manager Created".
- Occurs When
Select the type of activity that will trigger this event. In this example, we'll select Created.
Choose to enable or disable this event. Tasks tied to disabled events will not be launched when the event is activated.
- Preview Person
This section allows you select a user or person in your HelloID environment as a test object for the event hook. The dialog will update in real time to let you know whether or not the event will be activated for the test object. You may also update the test object's attributes. Select the object that you wish to test with.
In this section, you will add one or more conditions that HelloID will evaluate to determine if the event hook will trigger. In this example, we will be looking for the job title of "Manager".
- Click the plus sign button in the conditions section. This will cause a text box to appear next to the word "IF".
- In the new text box, we will type the following: NewObject.title == "Manager"
Note: This formula assumes that the persons in your HelloID environment have an attribute called "title". This may not be the case for you, or it may be named differently. Once you type "NewObject" into the text box, a code completion dropdown will assist you by presenting the attributes available for your use.
HelloID will evaluate the formula against the selected preview person and the window will display whether or not the event hook will trigger. Compare the following screenshot with the previous one, and note the text at the bottom of the section.
- You may add additional conditions by clicking on the plus sign button again, if you wish. When you are finished, click the Save button.
- The new event hook is now shown in the list, and is available for task assignment.
Assign tasks to an Event Hook
In the Events overview, select a trigger and then select the event hook to which you want to assign tasks. We will use the example from the previous section, an event hook called "Manager Created" in the "Persons" trigger group.
- Once you have selected an event hook, click on the Add new task button. This will bring up the Task catalog.
- Inside the catalog, find or search for the task you want to add to the event hook. In this example, we will