Go through the steps to Configure HelloID as an IdP for G Suite first.
In order to enable SSO capabilities on your organization's Chromebooks, you'll need to make some adjustments to the device settings in your G Suite Admin Console. This KB article from Google details the steps to do this, and we will provide HelloID-specific details below.
- Navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User & Browser Settings.
- Under Security, find the Single sign-on setting and enable SAML-based SSO from Chrome devices.
- Under Startup, modify the following settings:
- Home button: Always show the "Home" button
- Homepage: Homepage is always the URL set below (provide your HelloID URL)
- Pages to load on startup: Provide your HelloID URL
- Save your changes and navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > Device Settings.
- Modify the following settings underneath Sign-in Settings:
- Single sign-on IdP redirection: Allow users to go directly to SAML SSO IdP page
- Single sign-on cookie behavior: Enable transfer of SAML SSO Cookies into user session during sign-in
- Save your changes.