In the previous release, we added the ability to perform a task when certain events occurred. This addition empowered the administrator of your portal, to, for example, create a user in an external system when an onboarding event occurred. But what when the external system is unavailable? Or an error occurs because the user already exists? What when something fails? The administrator had no way to recover or repair the situation. This is why we are introducing event reconsolidation. We are providing a toolset, for the administrator, to repair and retry any tasks. If the problem was manually fixed in the external system, the administrator can mark the task as succeeded, this way the flow can be restored.
The new functionality contains:
- An overview of all events that have occurred
- Filter on state and event origins, like persons.
- Scope down the overview to a specific event (via the histogram of the event)
- Open details of an event
- Shows state
- Shows all related tasks
- Retry tasks
- Mark tasks as succeeded
- Navigate to task and logging
- Examine the inputs of a task
- Task-specific and global level
- Provide insight when a certain event fails often, via a histogram.
User profile card
There are a lot of processes a manager or import people in approval workflows are involved into with other users. A manager could manage a lot of different users and doesn't know every department or title of those users. To help managers, resource owners or approvers to make a good decision, they need this information. For this reason, we have added a user profile card. When hovering a users icon or name there will be a popup available with more information. The card will also provide to open up an e-mail and contact the user.
The profile card is added to the following screens:
- Managed products
- managed users
- Request history (available in version 2018.11)
- My requests
- Inbox details
- We have altered the communication between agents and our services. This will reduce the load on the customer's portal. However, this requires an upgrade of the Agent
- Removed contact link from the footer.
- Added a scrollbar to the category filter on the product overview.
- Added more details to the request detail fly-out.
- Changed the gear icon of the filter operations drop-down list at grids to a filter icon.
- Some tasks that were triggered via event received the running state and never finished, this will no longer occur.
- The system catalog is now cached based on the version of HelloID. It will no longer provide wrong versions of systems.
- The system editor now shows secret with a password control.
- Generating correct passwords for users of the customer management portal; When passwords are reset, users can use it immediately.
- Person scope is now correctly enforced in the scope for person event tasks; Show the correct variables to the end-user.
- The AD-IDP authentication should no longer result in incorrect redirects.
- The option to show in the provisioning hub in a system has been removed.
- Fixed situations where a request could not be approved or be denied.
- Task state alignment issues in the task history should now be correct.
- Fixed incorrect label when a self-service request had failed.
- All the translation in the request inbox should be in the user's chosen language.
- Managed products no longer show duplicate items.
- Managed products now show the correct status label for requests.
- Situations were a delegated user could not approve or deny has been resolved.
- Fixed various styling and alignment issues in the system and mapping editor.
- Improved performance of the person's historical overview.
- The task schedule editor switches now collapse or expand the correct configuration items.
- Searching users in data share management could cause HelloID to be not responsive.
- Issues with auto approvals are resolved
- Native group membership tasks could cause an error if it were to remove more than 2000 memberships. This no longer occurs.
- Filtering the product overview that causes to show the wrong products or did not work are resolved.
- Remove product ownership calls that shown the message "something went wrong" now work correctly or display the correct error/validation message.
- The only run once-option is now respected in the event configuration.
- Displaying old notifications will no longer occur.
- Products that could not be approved due to the to date has been exceeded will now be automatically be moved to a new date, based on the approval date.
Additional fixes in version 2018.10.543:
- Delete product ownership using the API did not work when the username has multiple ownerships.
- Approval workflow filter shows users which are marked as deleted.
- Fixed agent version not updating automatically in the admin dashboard after upgrading to 2018.10 or higher.
- Fixed issue where a legacy agent message would be shown even if the agent version is 2018.10 or higher.
- Fixed issue where an API product couldn't be edited
Additional fixes in version 2018.10.553:
- When requesting on behalf as a resource owner, the 'only once option' is no longer enforced. You will be able to request multiple times on behalf of different people.
- We have added an enable auto-update to the upgrade path of the agent installer.
- If no actions are connected to a state of a request, it should be processed a lot faster.
- We have added default roles for service automation.
- The attributes shown in the user attributes are now selectable.
What do you need to know:
New HelloID Agent
To reduce the load of the customer's portal we advice all our customers to upgrade to the latest version of the HelloID Agent. Version 4.7+ of the agent will also provide a way to auto-upgrade the agent when there is a new release.
When deploying the HelloID Agent in network environments where a proxy server is used for internet access, make sure to allow the HelloID Agent service account to access the new communications URL:
- Western Europe: https://agent-comm-we-01.helloid.com
- Western US: https://agent-comm-wus-01.helloid.com
The agent auto-update process requires access to 2 additional URLs which provides the version information and the agent download location. Make sure these locations are reachable from the server running the HelloID agent:
Click here to sign up for our mailing list