This article will walk you through how to add a new source system to HelloID.
Add a new source system
- On the Source Systems Overview screen, select the plus (+) button to begin adding a new source system. This will bring up the Add System wizard.
- On the Selection step, find or search for your desired source system. When you are ready, select the Select button for your desired system. For this article, we will be using the HR generator system.
Note: The HR generator system is for testing purposes only, and not for production use. It generates sample Person records for testing and experimentation. If you are setting up a production environment, then select the relevant option. If your system is not in the list, you may either contact our support department or set up a custom PowerShell system.
- On the Overview step, confirm your choice of source system and select the Next button.
- On the General step, you may provide a custom name and description for the selected system. Then select the Next button.
- On the Specific step, you are prompted to provide details for your selected source system. These details vary from one system to the next, and are outside the scope of this article. Enter the needed information and select the Next button.
- On the Finalize tab, select the Save button to add your source system to HelloID.
You are immediately taken to the configuration screen for the system. Learn more about configuring a source system here.
Multiple source systems
If your organization's personnel records are split across multiple systems of record, you can import all of them to HelloID Provisioning by adding additional source systems. To do so, simply repeat the instructions provided above. There is no strict limit to the number of source systems you can add, although generally speaking, the fewer the better.
All added systems are displayed in separate tiles under the Integrated Systems section of the Source Systems Overview. For example, in the following screenshot, a second HR generator source system has been added:
Each source system is configured independently, and has its own separate import process. Although Persons records imported from all source systems are displayed together in a single Persons list, each Person record is permanently tied to the source system from which it was imported. No Persons records or other data (e.g., manager lookups) are ever mixed between source systems.
In this way, imports will never overwrite existing Persons records imported from other source systems. If duplication occurs, a duplicate Person record is simply created, tied to the new source system. There is no option to merge Persons records or to detect a shared identity.
For example, in the following screenshot, the two identical HR generator source systems have imported duplicate Person entries. Persons from both source systems are displayed together, in the Persons list:
However, when viewing the individual Persons records, you will see that each one is tied to its origin source system.
To more clearly distinguish Persons' origin source systems, you can customize the Display Name to include the
On the next vault snapshot or import, Persons' display names will be updated throughout the Provisioning module to include the name of their respective origin source systems: