Source systems are the start of all provisioning processes. They are where personnel records come from, which are then used by HelloID to create and manage accounts, accesses, and permissions. This article will walk you through how to add a new source system to HelloID.
Add a new source system
- On the Source Systems Overview screen, click the plus sign button to begin adding a new source system. This will bring up the Add System wizard.
- On the Selection step, find or search for your desired source system. When you are ready, click the Select button for your desired system. For this article, we will be using the HR generator system.
Note: The HR generator system is for testing purposes only, and not for production use. If you do not find your system in the list, you may either contact our support department or use the PowerShell source.
- On the Overview step, confirm your choice of source system and click Next.
- On the General step, you may provide a custom name and description for the selected system. When you are ready, click Next.
- On the Specific step, you will be prompted to provide details for your selected system. These details vary from one source system to the next, and are outside the scope of this article. Click Next when you are ready.
- On the Finalize tab, click Save to add your source system to HelloID.
Immediately, you will be taken to the configuration screen for the system. Learn more about configuring a source system here.