Note: Report viewing must be enabled
For users to view reports to which they've been given access, they must also have permissions to view the reporting interface. Learn how to enable report viewing here.
Access to individual reports is tied to HelloID group membership and role permissions. If a user has permission to view the reporting interface, but is not a member of a group that has access to a report, their reporting interface will be empty. Similarly, if a user has access to a report but does not have permissions to view the reporting interface, they will not be able to view their report.
After you've granted permission to view the reporting interface, follow these instructions to grant access to one or more reports.
Grant Access to Reports
- Go to Directory > Groups in the HelloID Administrator Dashboard.
- Find or create a group to which you want to grant access to a report. In this example, we have a group called "All Reports Access".
- Note: Learn more about groups here.
- Select the Reports link under the Actions column.
- Select the Add Reports button.
- Select the reports to which you want to grant access and then select the Add Selection button. Alternatively, select the Add All Reports button, which is what we'll do for our example.
- The added reports are now displayed for the group.
To view reports, users must select the reporting icon on the HelloID menu bar.
The reports to which the user has access are shown in the menu on the left, and the selected report is shown on the right.