With every update to HelloID, there is an updated agent. As of October 2018, agent versions have the auto-update feature enabled by default.
Manually Updating the HelloID Agent
- Select the Agents section of the HelloID Administration Dashboard.
- Make note of the server names for all currently installed agents—they will be listed by host name and IP address within the agent pool(s).
- Next, select "Download Agent" to download the latest version of the HelloID Agent installer.
- After the HelloID Agent installer has finished downloading, log in to the first server mentioned in the default agent pool. Copy the installer file to the server and run it.
- While running, the install wizard will detect that an agent is already installed and it will perform an upgrade. During the upgrade, the wizard will present the option to update automatically. Enable this option and continue through the installation.
If applicable, repeat step 4-5 for any other servers listed in all agent pools.
For more information on agent pools, please refer to the helpdesk article related to creating and managing agent pools.