With every new version of HelloID, there is a new version of Agent. Agent auto-updates itself whenever it communicates with your HelloID portal and detects a version difference. This normally occurs immediately after each HelloID release.
Therefore, under normal circumstances, no action is required on your part to update Agent. However, if the auto-update process fails, you can follow the below instructions to perform a manual update.
Manually update the HelloID Agent
- Go to Agents.
- Make note of the server names for all currently installed Agents—they will be listed by host name and IP address within the Agent Pool(s).
- Select the Download Agent button to download the latest version of the HelloID Agent installer.
- Copy the installer to the first server to be updated.
- On that server, uninstall the existing Agent. It is recommended to use the Windows uninstall mechanism rather than the installer's built-in uninstall option.
- Install the new Agent using the instructions in Install or manage an Agent.
- Repeat steps (4) - (6) for all other servers.