There are two places where you can specify a custom 'from' address for emails sent by HelloID:
These fields will accept any email address using the
helloid.com domain without additional configuration. However, if you want to specify a custom 'From' address (e.g., using your organization's domain), you must follow the directions below.
Note: These fields also accept Double curly brace syntax to let you specify a 'From' address dynamically. Beware that if you use it, the 'From' address is not resolved until runtime. Emails will fail to send if it returns a non-verified domain.
If you haven't specified any custom 'From' domains, all emails are sent by default from the Service Desk email address.
Verify a custom mail domain
- Go to Settings > Company > Mail Domain.
- Enter an email address using the domain you want to verify. For example,
- Select the Add button.
- A 6-digit verification code is emailed to the address you provided. Enter it into the text field, and select the Validate button.
- HelloID provides you with a set of DNS records to add to your domain. Do so, and then select the Validate DNS button.
- The domain is verified. HelloID can now send emails from any email address belonging to this domain (you are not limited to the specific address you used to verify the domain).
The mail provider that HelloID uses to send emails depends on where your HelloID instance is hosted. Different providers are used by region due to privacy laws & regulations. See Identify your instance's region.
|West United States (WUS)||SendGrid|
|West Europe (WE)||Mailjet|