By default, no one has access to Elastic reports, including HelloID administrators. To start using reports, you must perform the following steps.
Grant access to Elastic
- If you do not already have the following Groups in your HelloID environment, add them.
- If you do not already have the following Roles in your HelloID environment, add them.
- Assign these roles the following Rights, respectively.
ElasticReadrole: Elastic Reports - View right
ElasticWriterole: Elastic Reports - Edit right
- For the
Elastic_Reports_Readgroup, grant access to each default report space (Access Management, Service Automation, Provisioning, General).
- Go to Security > Report > Permissions.
- For the first report space, click Manage Groups.
- Click Add Groups.
- For the
Elastic_Reports_Readgroup, assign Read Only access.
- Repeat this for the other three default report spaces.
- Click Save.
- Finally, assign your administrator account to the
- Log out and back in to HelloID. You will now have access to all audit log reports.
- Optional: To grant additional users and/or groups access to audit logs, add them to the
Elastic_Reports_Readgroup. They will have access to audit log reports after logging out and back in to HelloID.
To control access on a more granular basis (i.e., access only to certain report spaces), add additional groups to HelloID, and assign them as sub-groups in the
Elastic_Reports_Read group. Assign those groups only to the relevant report spaces. Then, assign users to that group as needed.
Elastic_Reports_Write group is only used for custom report spaces.