HelloID's Servicedesk module allows authorized users to lock and unlock accounts, and reset passwords for other users in the organization.
Access to the Servicedesk module is defined by your HelloID Administrator. If you do not see the module, contact your system administrator.
To get started, open the HelloID Dashboard and click on the Servicedesk link.
Reset a User's Password
- Click the Reset password icon.
- Select a user from the dropdown menu. Only the users to which you have been given granted access will be shown in this list.
- Provide a new password in the New Password text box. Be sure to adhere to all of the requirements listed above the box. When you meet a requirement, the red X will turn to a green check mark. Type the password again in the Confirm Password text box.
- Optionally, you may choose to enable the Change password at next logon setting, which will force the selected user to create a new password as soon as they log in with the one that you have just created.
- When you are ready, click the Reset Password button.