Source system imports can be performed manually, or scheduled. This article walks you through scheduling an import.
Schedule a source system import
- On the HelloID Provisioning dashboard, go to Source > Schedules.
- Click the blue plus (+) button to configure a new schedule.
- Enter a Name. For example, HR systems.
- Click a time slot under Schedule Time. The import will start some time during that one-hour window (the specific time within the hour is controlled by HelloID and is not user-configurable). The colors indicate the average server load by time slot. Selecting a green or yellow time slot means your import is more likely to run without a delay, and to finish faster. However, the import is guaranteed to start during the one-hour window even if it is busy (red).
- Drag and drop systems from the Available Systems pane to the Systems to be Imported pane. Place them in the order they should be imported.
- Adjust the Run Evaluation and Run Enforcement toggles to determine whether the import will perform an evaluation, an enforcement, or both. Note that scheduled enforcements always trigger Resources (i.e., they are equivalent to the manual Enforce+ option). See Evaluate and enforce business rules.
- Optional: Repeat steps (2) - (6) to add up to two additional schedules. Additional schedules must be at least 2 hours apart from one another.
- The scheduled imports will run as configured. After each run in which at least one source system is successfully imported, a new snapshot is generated. If enforcement is enabled, entitlements are re-processed for all configured business rules.
While HelloID Provisioning is open in your browser, you are notified of scheduled activity in the Provisioning alert center:
Alerts are sent for the following events:
- A schedule is starting in 30 minutes
- A schedule has just started
- A schedule has just completed
These alerts are not available through email. They are only intended to warn you about upcoming and in-progress scheduled activity while you are logged in. This helps you avoid editing settings or manually starting imports/enforcements while scheduled activity is occurring, which may cause unexpected results in the provisioning process.
- It is possible to schedule an evaluation and/or enforcement without selecting any source systems to import. This is useful in situations where you need to rerun entitlements without importing any new data (e.g., if you are using sub-permissions).
- It may be useful to create two separate schedules: one for evaluation, followed by one for enforcement. In conjunction with a evaluation summary notification, you can receive an email report two hours in advance of the enforcement. Thus, you can preview the changes and intervene before the enforcement if needed.
- If a scheduled import starts while a manual import is in progress, the manual import is automatically canceled. Only the scheduled import runs. To ensure that a manual import succeeds without being interrupted, you can disable the relevant scheduled import using its Enable Schedule toggle.