We recommend disabling the built-in password managers of your organization's web browsers. Otherwise, they may conflict with HelloID when a password is sent to a service provider as a form post or via the HelloID browser extension.
This can be done manually or through your Active Directory Group Policy Object (GPO) settings. The instructions below will show you how to disable the password manager in each browser manually.
Disable Chrome Password Manager
- Open the Chrome browser Settings from the top-right menu.
- Open the Autofill section, and then click Passwords.
- Disable the option Offer to save passwords.
Disable Firefox Password Manager
- Open the Firefox browser Settings from the top-right menu and click Options.
- Open the Privacy & Security section.
- Under Logins and Passwords, disable the option Ask to save logins and passwords for websites.
Disable Internet Explorer Password Manager
- Open the Internet Explorer Tools menu by clicking the top-right gear icon.
- Click Internet options.
- Open the Content tab and click the Settings button in the AutoComplete section.
- Disable the option User names and passwords on forms.
- Click the OK button to save your changes.