Roles decide which parts of HelloID are accessible to which users. This is based on individual user accounts or groups. By default three roles are configured: “User”, "Self Service" and “Administrator”. Each role contains access to specific parts of the system.
Creating a new Role
1. There two options to create a new Role: create a new role or clone an existing role. To create a new Role press the button Create Role, to use an existing role press the button Clone
2. After pressing Create Role the Create Role screen will appear, enter the following fields to create a new role:
- Name: Name field for the role
- Description: Description field for the role
- Enabled: Check this option to apply the rule to the assigned users
- Default: Check this option to add the role by default to new users (Optional)
- Rights: Select the rights which are applied by this rule.
Assign Rights to a Role
Important: Role changes will be applied when the user logs on to the HelloID portal.
The rights are assigned modular based, each menu item has a module in the rights overview. In this example rights will be assigned to view the Application Access Rules, to arrange this the following rights need to be assigned to the role:
3. First the Admin Dashboard - overview right needs to be enabled. This option will add the Manage portal button to the portal.
4. When the Manage portal button is pressed the home page is displayed
5. Next step is to add rights to show Application Access Rules. When the overview right is enabled it will be possible to view the rules when a user is member of this role. The user will not be able to edit, create or delete an access rule.
6. Now the user will be able to view all the Application Access Rules
7. To give the user additional rights the following rights need to be applied
- Overview: Right to show an overview of all Application Access Rules
- Edit: Right to edit existing Application Access Rules
- Create: Right to create a new Application Access Rule
- Delete: Right to delete an Application Access Rule
If the user does not have the right of overview, the user will not be able to edit, create or delete an Application Access Rule.
Assign Role to users or groups
After defining the role, users or groups need to be assigned to the role.
8. Click on Users behind the role.
9. Click on Add Users
10. Search and select a user from the table and click on Add Selection or click on Add All Users to add all the users.
Note: new rights will not always display directly. If the rights are not available sign out and sign in to see the new modules.