Important: Some URL’s and Parameters are Case Sensitive, if not entered correctly configurations may not work!
1. Login as Administrator in the HelloID Portal and press manage portal. Go to Security > Authentication > SMS
2. Press Create SMS Configuration to create a new SMS Configuration.
3. In this setup you need to configure the sms configuration which can be used for 2FA.
- Name: Name of the SMS Configuration.
- Description: Description of the SMS Configuration.
- Code Lifetime: The amount of time the verification code is valid.
- Code length: The length of the code which is send to the user
- Enabled: Enable the SMS configuration
- Allow Enroll: Allow the user to enroll a phonenumber
- Provider: Select the SMS Provider you want to use or select custom to create your own.
4. In this guide we use Twilio as SMS provider. Login to your Twilio account and go the dashboard. Press show Api Credentials and copy the account SID and Auth Token
Copy the Account SID to the URL (replace the custompart by the SID) and the Username. Copy the Auth Token to the Password. Select the Parameters tab to continue.
5. Select Phone numbers in the Twilio Console and copy the phone number.
Edit the From entry and add the phone number from Twilio as value. Press Update and select the Test tab to continue.
6. Enter a test number with the countrycode and press Save and send test message. Check if you receive the message and press Save and close to continue.
7. To add 2 Factor SMS authentication to the login an Access Policy needs to be added to an authentication provider. Go to Security > Policies > Portal Access Rules and press Add Access rule
8. In the Two-factor step of the wizard, enable activate two-factor, select Use SMS Service and select the created SMS provider.
* See document "Portal access rules" for more information about Portal access rules.
9. After adding the two factor Authentication, the user needs to enter a SMS code after entering credentials. If the phone number is not known, the user is asked to enter it.