Navigate to Applications > Categories to see an overview of the application categories used within your organization's HelloID environment. Learn more about Application Categories here.
How to Create a Category
- Click the Add Category button in the top right corner.
- Enter the new category's information. Click the Save button to finish.
Available fields include:
- Name: The new category's Name. For this example, the category is named "Reporting."
- NL, DE, FR, IT, ES: HelloID provides multilingual naming options and only requires that an admin enter the translated name for the category for that value to be displayed correctly in HelloID when using those languages. The default language is English.
- Default Icon: Choose the icon to be displayed on the User Dashboard next to the application's name. For this example, the icon is a line chart.
- Enabled: Toggle to enable or disable an application category. Enabled categories are visible to end users. Disabled categories are not.
- Read Only: Toggle to limit end users' ability to add applications to the category. If the toggle is not enabled, end users will be able to drag and drop other applications to add them to the category.
Application Categories (User Dashboard)
Navigate to the Applications tab of the User Dashboard to see all applications and categories visible to end users.
The category icons are located at the top of the dashboard. For this example, Favorites and All Apps are available by default in every HelloID environment. Dropbox was created by an admin. Click on one of these categories to see that grouping of applications. Learn more about managing categories here.