Beginning in HelloID 4.3 on, a wizard has been added to help easily create a configuration within 4 steps. Navigate to Directory > Configurations to see an overview of the configurations within your organization's HelloID environment and to create a new configuration using the wizard.
How to Create a Configuration
1. Navigate to Directory > Configurations and click Create Configuration in the top right corner.
2. Creating a configuration requires an agent. For this example, an agent has already been installed and is available for use. If you have not created an agent within HelloID yet, you may do so either by navigating to Agents in the menu on the left or by clicking on the button that will be visible within this widget. Learn more about Agents here and about Agent Pools here.
Because an agent and agent pool already exist within this example, they have been preselected by HelloID. Preselection is indicated by the green border around the agent pool and the green checkmark located in the pool's top right corner.
3. Click Next in the bottom right corner to continue to step 2.
4. During step 2, select the desired services:
- Authentication - enable users to utilize their domain credentials for HelloID authentication
- Synchronization - synchronize users and groups from the domain to HelloID
5. There are two additional toggles available during step 2:
- Start Sync Now - click to enable and begin synchronization immediately after completing the wizard
- Allow User Deletion - click to enable user deletion while synchronizing
6. Enabling the Allow User Deletion toggle will allow the admin to set a User Deletion Threshold, which provides a safeguard preventing the accidental mass deletion of users. By default, this safeguard is set to 10%. Set the slider to the preferred percentage.
7. Clicking the Enable User Hard-Delete toggle will configure the synchronization so that users will be deleted from HelloID without any recovery option, even including the Settings. Leaving this toggle disabled will result in a soft-deletion. At the next synchronization, the users will be available again with their previously configured settings.
8. Click Next in the bottom right corner to continue to step 3.
9. In step 3, select the Organizational Unit (OU) containing the users you wish to use. By default, this is set to Allow All OUs.
10. Deselect the Allow All OUs toggle to make a selection specific certain OUs.
11. After selecting the specific OUs to use, click Next in the bottom right corner.
12. In step 4, configure whether to synchronize Group OUs using the following options:
Disabled - Groups are not synchronized
Enabled - Groups are synchronized, chosen from the same OUs as selected for users in step 3.
Enabled with filter - Provides the option to chose from all OUs within the Active Directory
13. Click Next.
14. The wizard is nearly finalized. Please review the detailed summary of configuration information provided in step 4 to ensure accuracy regarding the settings. Note that an Identity Provider (IDP) is created for authentication/logon and an automation task is set to synchronize the users.
15. Click Save to confirm the configuration, finalize all settings and return to the Configuration Overview page.