By default, product owners do not have the ability to view their products or manage their approval requests. In order to enable these features, the appropriate permissions must be granted. Once the permissions have been granted, affected users will see one or more new links on the HelloID User Dashboard, as seen in the screenshots below.
Above: Before granting Self Service Management permissions
Below: After granting Self Service Management permissions
Create a Self Service Product Owners Role
Follow the steps in this article to create a new role called Self Service Product Owners. On the Rights tab of your new role, find the Self Service Management group of permissions. You can enable the entire permission group, or selectively enable permissions for a more fine-grained approach.
- Overview: Adds menu items for Inbox and Managed Products to the HelloID User Dashboard.
- Approve/Deny: Allow product owners to approve or deny the submitted requests.
- Change Owner: Allow product owners to transfer ownership of one or more of their managed products.
- Return User Product: Allow product owners to return products that an end user had requested.
- Request on Behalf: Allow product owners to submit requests on behalf of other users.
- Return on Behalf: Allow product owners to return products for users for whom they had requested the product.
- Detailed View: Adds the Open Details link to products in the Managed Products view.
- Report Request Failed: Allow product owners to report a failed request.
- Configure Delegated Approver: Allow product owners to delegate their product approvals to another member of the organization for a limited time period.
Add Users or Groups to the Self Service Product Owners Role
Once you have created your Self Service Product Owners role, you may add individual users or entire groups of users to its membership list. Members of the role will then be granted access to HelloID's Self Service Management functionality.
If you want to grant Self Service permissions to everyone in your organization, you can add the default Users group. Otherwise, you may be more selective by adding individual users or groups with more limited memberships.