By default, managers do not have permissions to view or request Self Service products for their employees. In order to enable this feature, the appropriate permissions must be granted to them. Once the permissions have been granted, affected users will be see one or more new links on the HelloID User Dashboard, as seen in the screenshots below.
Above: Before granting Self Service Management permissions
Below: After granting Self Service Management permissions
Create a Self Service User Managers Role
Follow the steps in this article to create a new role called Self Service User Managers. On the Rights tab of your new role, find the Self Service User Management group of permissions. You can enable the entire permission group, or selectively enable permissions for a more fine-grained approach.
- User Overview: Adds the Managed Users menu item to the HelloID User Dashboard.
- User Report: Allows managers to send reports to the service desk regarding a particular user, along with a comment.
Next, find the Self Service Management group of permissions. Enable the following three items:
- Request on Behalf: Allow product owners to submit requests on behalf of managed users.
- Return on Behalf: Allow product owners to return products for managed users for whom they had requested the product.
- Detailed View: Adds the Open Details link to products in the Managed Users view.
Add Users or Groups to the Self Service User Managers Role
Once you have created your Self Service User Managers role, you may add individual users or entire groups of users to its membership list. Members of the role will then be granted access to HelloID's Self Service Management functionality.
If you want to grant Self Service permissions to everyone in your organization, you can add the default Users group. Otherwise, you may be more selective by adding individual users or groups with more limited memberships.