In HelloID, access to applications is mediated through group membership. Therefore, a product must grant access to an application by means of adding the requester to an appropriate group.
This article demonstrates how to configure a product to do so. In other words, it describes a special case of Create or manage a product.
- Make sure the target application has been added, configured, and is working correctly. See the Applications documentation for more information. For this example, we will use our "Gmail" application:
- Create a new group that will be used to mediate access to the application. Or, decide on an existing group. For this example, we have created a group called "Google application access".
- On the application's Groups tab, add the group which will mediate access to it. For this example, we have added our "Google application access" group to our "Gmail" application.
- Create the product with which users will request access to the application. For this example, we have created a "Gmail" product.
- On the product's Actions tab, select the Add action button. Add the Change HelloID group membership task:
- In the Execute on State drop down, select Approved. In the Group field, enter the name of the group which will mediate access to the application. Leave Membership Action set to Add membership. For this example, we have entered the "Google application access" group.
- Select the Close button and then select the Save button. The product's Actions tab will now resemble this:
- The product is ready for use. Users who have access to the product can now request it on the Self Service Products tab of their end user dashboard. When their request is approved, the user will receive access to the corresponding application on the Applications tab of their end user dashboard. Note that the user may need to log out and back in to HelloID before the application's tile appears.