QR codes make it easy to log into HelloID on any device that has a camera.
Simply scan the QR code that was issued to you, and you're in—no username or password required! QR codes are particularly useful for users who have trouble remembering passwords, such as young students.
The video above shows how this functionality works on a Google Chromebook, but the concept is the same on all devices.
Please note that this feature must be enabled by your IT department. Once it has been enabled, they can provide you with a printable or digital QR code.
Log in with a QR code
- Go to your organization's HelloID portal, following the instructions in Log in from your computer.
- On the Login options screen, select the QR code option.
- The HelloID login screen will load. You will be prompted to grant access to your device's camera. Select the Allow button (or similar).
- Scan your QR code using your device's camera. It can be printed on paper, on a mobile device's screen, etc.
- You are logged in and taken to the HelloID end user dashboard: