HelloID's Servicedesk module allows authorized users to lock and unlock accounts, and reset passwords for other users in the organization.
Access to the Servicedesk module is defined by your HelloID Administrator. If you do not see the module, contact your system administrator.
To get started, open the HelloID Dashboard and click on the Servicedesk link.
Disable an Account
- Click the Disable account icon.
- Select a user from the dropdown menu. Only the users to which you have been given granted access will be shown in this list.
- In the How to disable section, choose to either disable the account, or to set its expiration date to the current date and time. Both options will prevent the user from logging in, but may have implications in connected systems. If you are unsure of which option to choose, contact your system administrator.
- In the Comment section, you may choose the comment that is added to the account when it is disabled, or choose to not add a comment at all.
- When you are ready, click the Disable button.